Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

by Ben Framstad

Man oh man - what a holiday. I'm so thankful for a period of rest where I was able to rest and spend time with family. On Tuesday, I left Wooster to drive to my hometown, Fremont, OH. Back in Fremont, I didn't do anything particularly out of the ordinary but hang out at home. But here's a look at every day.

Tuesday night - Got home, decided to start a puzzle (it seemed like the right "holiday" thing to do). My dad and worked on it for a half hour or so only to realize that we were missing pieces. We couldn't even get the outter rim of the puzzle done. How disappointing. We scrapped the puzzle and watched a movie.

Wednesday - I hung around the house mostly, but got to go to Grace Community Church (http://www.gracecom.net/) for their Thanksgiving service. There I got hugs from people I haven't seen in a while and caught up on life. After the service I went over to my brother and sister-in-law's house for their annual "cereal party". All their friends brought a box and we ate cereal and played some wii. It was most enjoyable.

Thursday- This was really relaxed. Both my brothers had Thanksgiving with their wife's families. My parents and I watched the parade and ate postroast.

Friday - Bring on the Turkey! My brothers and their families came over to the house and we spent some good time goofing off. Nearing the end of the day, my parents and I went over to my brothers house to watch "Get Smart" on his flat screen. Apart from the few parts, the movie was quite enjoyable. Finally, I went to a friends house and had a short Fremont friend reunion. We played this game called "Boxers or Briefs." Thankfully, it involved no underwear. Wait - that came out wrong...

Saturday - Drove back to Wooster and showed my other brother and his family my house and the church. Now they have a picture of where I live and what I do so when I talk with me on the phone, they can visualize how life is going.

So what am I doing this weekend? Wouldn't you like to know... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude that is a really good looking turkey=)