Thursday, December 4, 2008

Get Fired Up!

by Nick Cleveland

Students who are learning what it means to live for Jesus in front of their friends gets me fired up! We have many students at Grace who get me fired up. One such student took it upon herself to encourage friends at school this fall by dropping scripture notes in their lockers. That’s where God got in the mix and in His sovereignty began working in the heart of one of her friends. Then she sends me this message over facebook…

“hey there. so right now im actually shaking as im writing this. soo cool lol. anyway so tonight at soccer practice, me and my friend and I were passing the ball and talking for like 10 minutes. and she just randomly brought up church. she said "so dude i wanna come to church again and to small groups" i said "okay sweet if you ever need a ride we could take you" she said "do you like church? is it fun?" i said "Oh yeah i love it. so much fun dude. cause at church you meet so many new people and make soo many new friends that you can trust and talk about anything with them so its pretty sweet." she said "oh thats cool. like i know people who hate church. but i wanna get in the habit of going cause when i get married and have kids i wanna take them to church and stuff. my parents dont take me and my sister at all but i really want to go." i said "aww yeah thats soo cool that you actually wanna go. yeah me and god are like tight" she said "ha ha sweet" i said "are you and god 'tight'" and she said "ummm no well im not really sure" - signed a 10th grader at Grace.

There you have it. On the field friend-evangelism. Reaching the normal with the message of the super-normal! If that story doesn’t get you fired up…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The normal?
So are church goers not "the normal"?