Monday, September 8, 2008

The Wayne County Fair

by Ben Framstad

Oh, the fair. On Sunday, I got the fair at 8:30am, got my Lerch's donut, and started helping the team set up for Fair Church. By the time the service started, things were running pretty smooth. I can't believe that it was standing room only in there. So cool.

I got to walk around a bit during the afternoon. I watched part of the kiddy tractor pull, saw some walking bacon, and indulged in a great pork loin sandwhich. I also helped with our church fair booth. We were taking people's pictures and putting the Ohio State Buckeye stadium in the background (we had a green screen). It's amazing how many people passed by and shied away from stopping in, even when we said it was free. 

I guess nothing is truly free these days. Nothing, that is, but Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome to wayne county!