Saturday, September 20, 2008

My House

by Ben Framstad

Today, I vacuumed my whole house, cleaned the kitchen, washed all my clothes, cleaned the bathroom... And there's still more to do. So this is what it's like to live on my own.

I live in a two story house with two other guys who share rent. We're close to the college of Wooster, and my neighborhood is pretty nice. We have this fantastic old couple named Paul and Tuck. Every once in a while, I shoot the breeze with Tuck and hear how things are going. She's a nice lady.

The worst thing about the place is that I have to take care of two cats. One has short hair and usually stays away from me, so that's good. The other has long hair and an evil eye. When it meows, it sounds like it's possessed.

The best thing about the place is that we have a fireplace. It doesn't work, but it has a candle stand with about nine candles. Sometimes I turn off the lights and read by candlelight. Sometimes a play my guitar, too.

And that's all I have to say...

No comments: