Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Accountability

By: Rachel J. Snyder

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

~ Proverbs 27:17


Throughout High School I really struggled staying current with my accountability partner. Mind you, I did have an Adult Leader that offered to mentor me my senior year and she kept me accountable (which was one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve ever had).

But, just couple of weeks ago I was reminded how important it is to have friends that not only believe the same things you do, but want to help you get to the next level of your faith. I have felt compelled to begin reading my Bible not just at night when I usually do, but also in the morning when I get up. I just felt like I needed to start my day out right.

The first few days of this commitment were great! I woke up about 15 minutes early and read a chapter before I rolled out of bed. But as the next few weeks rolled around, I started slippin’ already. But just two weeks ago, I woke up to a text that said, “Good morning Rachel, read John 14 if you get a chance, it’s really good.”

Just a short txt to a friend can help them start their day off right. If you have an accountability partner, remember that sometimes the smallest reminders are the most powerful. If you don’t have an accountability partner and you want to grow in your faith, get one, it’s the only way. And if you see me around, ask me how my morning devos are going..I’ll try and be ready.

No comments: