Friday, October 17, 2008

Greatest Earthly Relationship

by Nick Cleveland

Opportunities come in a variety of ways to us. Today I had the chance to meet 19 great students at Smithville High School. These students are in the Family Planning class taught by Birdie Weckesser. Birdie invited me to share with the class about what premarital counseling entails and what a successful marriage might look like. I had a blast hanging out with these students. It also reminded me of the gravity of what I do every day. There is so much at stake with the coming generations. This generation has a hard time identifying successful relationships and what a calling to introduce them to a relationship with Jesus (the only one who will never fail them).

It also reminded me of the greatest earthly relationship I have…with Vicki. Vicki is a wife who has learned to love me the way I want to receive love. She seeks to connect with me in special ways and enjoy the things I enjoy. I’m not sure my wife enjoys watching the Cleveland Browns at all…but on Monday I know she tuned it because I was there and it was important to me. I am so grateful to God that I can wake up every day next to my best friend and love. My hope is that I could be nearly as great of a husband and friend to my wife as she has been to me! I love you, Vicki. My wife helps me to become a better man of God and follower of Jesus Christ. Thanks, Vicki, I love you!

No comments: