Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Donuts

by Rachel Snyder

Wow, did you know that THE Wayne County Fair will be here in 10 days?? Everyone that is from Wayne County knows how sweet the fair is…a day off school, Lerch’s Donuts, French fries, the Square Dance on Sunday night and of course the Demo Derby on Thursday. And if there is one thing I know about, it’s Lerch’s Donuts. So, to enlighten you, I thought I’d share some interesting Lerch’s Donut Facts. :)

This Wayne County Fair marks my tenth year of making Lerch’s Donuts.
Lerch’s Donuts has the capacity to make 500 dozen AN HOUR at the Wayne County Fair.
We have 12 TONS of donut flour delivered to the fair grounds during the week of the fair (for those of you that can’t figure that out….12 tons = 24,000 lbs.
We have a coffee machine in the Wayne County Fair booth that brews 3 gallons of coffee in 7 minutes.
Each of the 6 days at the fair we sell thousands of dozens of donuts.

Who knew?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donuts, donuts, donuts...do you think about anything else Rachel? I suppose I should mention that I've been sucked in too, this'll be fair #2 for me...see y'all there :)

Anonymous said...

I like glazed donuts...

Jennifer said...

so I had to come check out the post because I saw a comment about it on your facebook...and I'm glad that I found this blog!