Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Welcome to the Family


As most of you know my job here in Student Ministries is half 'administrative' and half 'ministry.' This means that I get the best of both worlds. I get to work at my desk and do a lot of behind the scenes work (PPT, office stuff, etc) and then I also to get to break free from my desk and hang out with a lot of cool people! And although I'd much rather be out and about with students all day every day, there are things here that just have to get done to have a successful smooth running ministry. I was reminded yesterday that my job at my desk can be so fulfilling even though it's not the preferred half of my job......

Yesterday I was tasked to put together a list of contact info for all of the people that have committed their lives to Christ for the first time in HSM this year...As I read through the names, my heart turned to mush and I was overwhelmed. It's so cool workin' here getting the opportunity to read through this list of names...recalling their very own personal story of when and where and how they met Jesus -- and how their lives changed and are changing. Let me share with you the first names of all the students (that we know of) that have embraced a life with Jesus since the beginning of November last year......

alissa
kyle
megan
jessi
lauren
skylar
tiffany
ashley
brandon
tim
jake
erica
abby
zach
andrea
emma
brienne
lexie
katie
sarah
jamie
annalise
cassii
nicholas
cassidy
matt
kaila
amber

Welcome to the family, guys.

No comments: