Monday, April 27, 2009

High School Ministry Asia's Hope Update

by Nick Cleveland

As you know HSM is raising money in support of Grace Place (Orphanage in Cambodia). Before yesterday at HSM we had raised $350 - which is close to 1/2 way. So far to go, but so much raised already! Today I received this email from our Pastor who is visiting Cambodia this week:

"I'm at an internet cafe right now...We had a very good flight (s) from CLE to LAX to Taipei to Phonm Penh (I lost track of hours after 24 - but I did sleep some through the long flight across the Pacific.First impression - I met Savorn and Sony - the AH country director and his wife at the Phonm Penh airport. WHAT JEWELS!! I felt like I met Hebrews 11 people - "the world is not worthy of them." Talk about gracious people!!Second impression - It's HOT! Phonm Penh reminds me a lot of Belem, Brazil when I visited there years ago.Three of the orphanage directors in PP met us at the airport along with Savorn and Sony. What wonderful leaders God has given this ministry.Dr. John Campbell is my gracious tour host - and is very considerate of any needs I have. Please pray that I'm able to encourage the AH staff and all the orphans, as well as be an effective testimony for the Lord! Thanks so much for praying!"

So far away from home, but so close to the heart is this work to reach "the least of these"! Pray for Pastor Bob, the orphanage, & the children. Also don't forget to SKIP STARBUCKS and CHANGE a life!

No comments: