Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Recent News

by Ben Framstad

So, I was reading my TIME Magazine today (more like leafing through it) and I came upon a news story that I thought was pretty funny (thought not sure if it was meant to be).

Apparently, with the release of the latest Harry Potter movie ("Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"), HP fans in Wauwatosa, WI got a little wild. Lost in their fantasy, they took permanent markers and wrote the word "Voldemort" on 80 different stop signs. Voldemort is the creepy villain of the entire book and movie series. So when you look at the whole stop sign, it says "STOP VOLDEMORT!" I'm sure Harry would be proud. What loyal fans!

Just thought it was funny. My apologies to the Wauwatosa police force, by the way. Read the news article about this by going here.

No comments: