Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's About People

by Josh Atkins

I just met with a student a couple days ago. Here’s what I knew about him before we hung out together:


- 7th grade, public school, started coming to our church about 5 months ago

Here’s what I learned after meeting with him:


- He likes to draw anime characters, he likes to skateboard, he’s lived in Wooster his whole life, his family has a New Year’s tradition of drinking cups of whatever they can find in the fridge (pop, milk, chicken) as the ball drops, his little brother is 8 and is in 2nd grade, he likes The Dark Knight (he was wearing a Joker t-shirt), he has a PSP, he got a Wii for Christmas, his birthday is in February, he can also draw Ninja Turtles (I had him draw me one on my white board).

All in an hour. That’s why you meet with people.

No comments: